View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
steve1840

i have been struggling with the fine line between what i attribute the the drugs and what i attribute to my alo's personality. in my case, my alo has been diagnosed w bpd, but has never sought treatment and before drug addiction came into play, it was a difficult relationship at times. there were good times, but bad as well, and the bad made me go crazy. later when addiction reared its ugly head in full force, she sold her self for drugs. never would have dreamed of such a thing, but it happened. i surmise that she has issues and the addiction allowed her to cross over to that side.

in your case, it seems like a sexual issue because he was prostituting before he got on drugs.

either way, it is an awful place for them to be and us as well. i have had blinders on for well over a year and have had my heart crushed over and over, but i have kept this dream alive that it will be better just around the corner. i have been peering around corners for a long time and it doesnt get better. all i hear is the whisper from afar that leads me to the next turn, but when i get there she isnt there, there is jsut the sound of her and she is gone to the next corner.

deep down, deeeeep down i have doubts about everything, even if she got clean, i still doubt the possibilities of a future, although i hold on to that everyday. i do live a fantasy. i tell myself, she will go into rehab and go through dual diagnosis, embrace therapy and become the wonderful person i believe is inside her. that almost happened last week. she found a free treatment center that provides all sorts of therapy, but it was just a whisper and it dissipated into thin air.

as outtolunch said, we only get part of the truth, so there really is no way to know for sure, i think the bigger issue, aside from testing, is for him to first tackle the addiction, and then see where that leads him.