View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sojourner

What frustrates me, though, are the family members who just automatically allow their loved one to come back home to live after rehab when that person would be better off in sober living, etc. Maybe even that had been suggested and advised to the person. But from what I read on these boards, that kind of information is not readily made available to the family. So that leaves the recovering addict to tell the family ANYTHING, and the family is none the wiser.

I can just imagine the counselors at the rehab sitting around griping because so many family members undo the work of the rehab - yet the family is left in the dark about the treatment plan. I am comparing this to a hospital discharge summary where the patient and family are given a copy of the discharge planning that has to be explained by the hospital staff and signed by the patient and family. Do treatment centers send the patient and family home with their treatment recommendations/ advice for number of meetings, where to live, whether they are capable to employment yet or not? Yet all this is important information for a family to have is left up to the recovering addict to relay to the family.