View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

I wont allow street drugs in my house and if I see any they will be flushed!
That's a boundary. Good job.

Some of my personal examples of boundaries are:

I will not allow people that I suspect are using drugs around my children or in my home.

I will not spend time with people I suspect are using street drugs. If I suspect drug use, I will not waste time discussing it. I will immediately remove myself from the situation.

I will not allow people to call me names or argue in front of my children. I will immediately leave the situation.

I will not allow people to sleep off drugs or hangovers at my house. I will not be a crash house. I won't let you in. If I do let you in and I change my mind, I will ask you to leave. If you do not leave, I will call the police.

I will not allow myself to be treated disrespectfully in my home, around my child. I will leave the situation.

I will not swear or allow people to swear in front of my children. I will ask you to stop and then I will leave.

I value honesty in a relationship. I will tell the truth and I will not knowingly accept lies from people who have a history of lying to me.

I will keep my promises to myself and others, and I expect that others will keep their promises to me. If they do not, I will no longer rely on them. I will no longer believe them or act as if I have faith in them.

My child's emotional safety and well-being will guide all my actions.

I will not allow anyone I suspect is using drugs or alcohol or anyone without a valid drivers license to use my car. Ever. Don't even ask.

I will not financially support adults that are physically capable of working and supporting themselves. I will not loan them money.