View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
harleygirl71

Hello kitty OMG you are so right! Here I am thinking I am setting boundaries and instead I am trying to control his behavior. I am so glad you brought this to my attention. Now I need to thinnk of boundaries, the one you suggested is a good one but nobody comes here in that kind of shape. He was buying from people outside our friend circle. I wont allow street drugs in my house and if I see any they will be flushed! Is that a boundary or another control thing. I am so confused!! What is so sad is I am a smart person who works fulltime as a nurse taking care of people but yet this is totally putting me in a whirlwind. I have the know how to save lives but dont have the know how to save me. I just have to keep on reading and learning. I really love my husband and other than the drug addiction issue he is a great man. I believe him when he says he wants to be completely drug free but it scares the hell out of me to know he will always be an addict and will always be one pill away from active addiction. I love him and cherish my marriage but honestly if he ever goes back to street drugs again I will have to go my own way. I cant risk my Nursing license by being around all that. I have to look out for me! Thanks for listening everybody.