Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
In "that other largely popular recovery group", I maintained 8 straight months of sobriety and really don't remember the cravings being a problem until the end...with AVRT I've only been able to accumulate 10 days. I still have a lot of issues with "that other largely popular recovery group" but I'm starting to wonder if I'm not the right breed for AVRT.
The apparent AA/AVRT dichotomy is a false one, based on the idea that one method is better than the other. This idea can lead to all sorts of irrelevant discussion, which only evades the really important question, which is "what is your plan for your future use of alcohol?"

AVRT is not an alternative to AA, it is an alternative to addiction.

Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
I will come back and attempt abstinence again when I am ready. But in all reality, I am a stubborn-ass mule that does not move when coerced but only by my own volition.
Although I'm inclined to point once again that all self-doubt is likely a product of your own Addictive Voice, you will do what you want to do. Best choices to you.