Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
kanamit

Firstly, age has nothing to do with (I'm probably slightly older than you, April). Just as everyone who knows the value of 0–9 and +-/* arrives at the same result when performing a simple equation (E.g. 1 + 6 = 7) everyone who understands the simple tenets of AVRT arrives as the same result: life-long, planned abstinence. Anyone savvy enough to post a message to this board meets the requirements to succeed.

Secondly, you're drinking to relieve a problem that alcohol created (more on this in the Allen Carr book). Trust me, while you drink to relieve stress at work you have two problems, not one. When your body is perpetually poisoned even something trivial seems stressful. When you feel fit and healthy a high-powered job is a challenge, not a stress.

The Beast is a world-class procrastinator and will latch onto anything that can delay quitting even by a day. Trust me, I've fallen for that trick more times than I care to remember.

My advice would be to read the Allen Carr book. If it resonates with you, you should feel a lot more positive about it. Use EasyWay as your rationale for a Big Plan. Then make it now-that's the only time you can quit.