Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

Not sure what the right thing is to do here

RAH just started going to meetings reguarly. I am really happy and support these. The problem is he goes with one of his old drinking buddies and hangs out before and after the meetings. I work full time so I never see him in the evenings. It is really making me mad and I did not say anything until tonight. We had plans to go to the football game (we always go as a family) and he informed me that he was not going because he was going to AA and then hang out with his friend, after because he understands. Of course I was like wtf, and I said I understand you going to the meetings and support that but is it necessary that you hang out with your friend before and after the meetings. I got this crap about he had to have him to talk to because he was the only one that understands what he is going through and I don't because I am not an alcoholic. We have kids that I am picking up the slack because he is not here. My dd even said something about him wanting to spend all his time with his friend. He of course seems to think it is ok, after all if they were not sober together they would be drinking right? Does getting sober initially give you a free pass that you can just ignore your family and responsibilities? Am I out of line here?