Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
I restated my Big Plan and then heard "But WHY are you never going to drink again?" At first I tried to explain myself and then decided it doesn't matter WHY and I responded, "I made that Plan during a time of clarity about the problems booze has caused me and I'm fully committed to sticking to it no matter what. There doesn't need to be a WHY. I'm just never drinking again. Period."

Sometimes I feel like the AV gets a stronghold on my thoughts which is why it's hard to come up with a WHY for my Big Plan; which is why I just resort so saying there just doesn't need to be a why, I made the plan and I'm sticking to it no matter what.
April,

Recognition, and then separation, is the key.
AV --> Beast = bark --> dog

When you hear/feel/see your AV, recognize it as the Beast squawking. If you don't want to, you don't need to explain anything to IT, because you are in control over IT.
A = I/IT (Abstinence = I over IT)

You seem to be recognizing it, but perhaps not quite separating. For example, when you heard your AV, you could have applied "Addiction Diction" to transpose it.

AV:
"I can get that feeling back right now. I can just go get some beer and it'll be back like in the good old days."
AV Transposed:
"IT can get that feeling back right now. IT can just go get some beer and it'll be back like in the good old days."

Next time your Beast acts up, try thinking "IT wants a drink, but I don't drink. OK, Ms. Beast, if you want a drink so badly, why don't you go get it then?"

Otherwise, not bad.