View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
humblestudent

Hangover after Friday night, Saturday 10 a.m. to wee hours and Sunday a.m. to mid afternoon...About 9 p.m. it starts and hits hard:
Heart racing, feeling my pulse in the tip of my nose, horrific anxiety - crippling in nature, night/day sweats, tremors in hands, flushed and puffy face, dark circles, nauseous but can't even throw up anymore, physical pain in shoulders, absolutely exhausted and unable to function at all even after almost 24 straight hrs. of sleep, depressed, self-loathing at doing it "again".

How I feel without drinking for 7 days:
Sleep soundly, wake up refreshed, motivated to actually take a shower just because, ZERO anxiety at all. NONE. Like magic. Feel in a good mood to the point where I catch myself humming without even realizing it. Motivated and physically able to clean the house, take care of outstanding errands, and happy to do them. Feeling of accomplishment in doing small things. Rather than self-loathing, I feel self love, and gratitude. I begin to feel that I am worth taking care of. Because I'm not at the total point of mental and physical exhaustion, I interact better with others, and have infinitely more patience for minor annoyances.