View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That1guy

Can a weekend drinker have withdrawal?

Im wondering if you can experience alcohol withdraw if you only drink on the weekends. I already know I have a problem and will be in a recovery program soon due to a dui. Basically I dont drink throughout the week monday through thursday, but then get hammered almost every friday, saturday and most sundays. Like probably 8-15 beers. I usually feel like crap on monday but then feel better as the week goes on. So it normally doesnt bother me too much

The thing thats really worrying me right now is when ive woke up the past couple days (after nights of heavy drinking) Ive basically felt like there is something wrong with my heart/bloodflow. I keep getting tight feelings in my chest. It seems like my hands and arms go to sleep easily if im laying on them wrong. Also it just seems like anywhere I touch on my body I can feel my my heart pounding through my bloodstream. I looked up alcohol withdraw symptoms and it said something about rapid heartbeat, anxiety, high blood pressure.

So ive basically the past few days ive started drinking to try and make myself forget about this and not just lay around freaking out thinking im about to have a heart attack.

Anyway my main question is if I could experience these withdraw symptoms if im a heavy weekend only drinker?