Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
Just wanted to post a big thank you to everyone. Made my first full week of not drinking and it's been shockingly easy. I know it's silly to count days and that's not my intent, but I haven't been able to not drink for this long in about 9 months. Crazy how you can go from thinking antabuse is your only hope, to enjoying your first week of practically painless self-recovery. Typing things out and getting your responses carried me to the point of grasping it on my own...I'd give you all a big orgy of hugs if I could.
I'll just quote something else you wrote after sending me a nasty-gram. I hope you realize now that it was your Beast, and not you, that took offense to my post, just as it was your Beast that was urging you to go on antabuse instead of quitting. That said, thank yourself, and welcome to the underground.

Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere
Oh, sorry. I took offense when you said that I "needed to put the bottle down long enough" to read the book but I was in a bad place at the time that I typed it and ironically it pissed me off enough to "put the bottle down long enough" to read the book. lol