View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
stormy1

Definitely the insomnia in the wee hours of the morning coupled with waking up soaking wet! I told my husband it was hot flashes (he knew better) but I knew it was withdrawl. I just didn't care. Somehow I managed to get up every morning and go to work. I am what they call a functioning alcoholic I guess, although most days I wasn't functioning at a 100%. One strange thing that i find is when I withdraw during the night, I almost ALWAYS have a dream right before I wake up that I am totally and completely frustrated with something. Something stupid like I'm trying to open a door or write a sentence on paper and my body will not do it. Like there is a total disconnect between my brain and my hands, or whatever the situation is. I also have night terrors. I don't remember those but my husband says I frequently start screaming in the middle of the night. Good grief...I can't imagine my husband doing that!! I can only imagine what my two cats think!

When I have been able to quit completely for a period of time, the sleep I get is soooo much better!