Thread: Aa=na
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

My first sponsor was AA, and my current one is NA. I am NA. I found the AA sheets confusing, but that may be due to how she instructed me. I was better able to address my issues using the NA method, step working guide, etc.

Whatever means allow you to get honest with yourself, ferret out the "exact nature of your wrongs" and move forward are the way to go.

Personally, I have found it most productive for me to choose a program that works for me, and to apply myself to it, rather than pick and choose etc. Because my nature is to dissect, and make excuses for not moving forward and working my steps, etc. Under the guise of "concerns" etc, I am just finding ways of avoiding facing reality. If I can draw attention off of MY part, and focus it on something outside of myself...I'll do it.

I just didn't understand the language etc of the AA worksheets and my sponsor couldn't really explain them. She said I didn't need to understand them, just do them.

I relapsed and she fired me and I started over with a new sponsor. Reading "how it works and why" helps.