View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
randyhiatt

thanks for this site! Spent a few days reading, learning and wanting to cry. I have an Agf, we've been together (living seperate) for over 12 yrs. She was a recovering A (I soon learned from her) and seemed to be on a good road, job, mother.

This past year she's binge drinking for 'special occasions'. I have a past with Agf's and eventually walked. I don't like drinking myself but will have 2 drinks if the event warrents it, but can drink water all night long and truely like it.

I found you all in a google search "how to talk to a A" because I thought I needed to do that as 'right' as possible. Sadly the answer was "you can;t" as well as 'nothing I do or don't do will make her drink or not drink.' sh*t.....

So I wrote her an email (to get my full thoughts out there), I only focused on me but soooo wanted to let her know what an ass shes becoming.

I told her I would quit with her again, she only replied 'OK, let me think about this, Have a Happy Birthday". We were to take friday off for my BD, I see that wont happen now.

anyway, thanks for being here, I will read more now.

Randy