View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
sooners
Oxy Fighter

Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Yes I am back again. After a long period of sobriety I was sucked back into the downward spiral by a Doctor who I am sure had his heart in the right place but did not listen when I told him I was an addict. He insisted that I take these evil pills and, being an addict I was a more than willing participant. What I really do not understand is why he would tell me to crush up the pills and inhale them up my nose. Not only is that illegal but the addiction (I have heard) is as strong as heroine. I did not snort the pills but took them as prescribed, so soon I will be going through the withdrawals again. I know that the physical symptom can be beat, now I have to work on my brain. I wish all of you that are suffering the best, and tell you that this can be beat as long as you "don't quit quitting!"
Man, I am sorry to hear that you got caught up again. I know dealing with chronic or acute pain is horrible, but these little pills can be even worse as well. It blows my mind that a licensed doctor told you to crush (I am assuming oxycontin) the pill and snort it. That is horrible advice and yes when you do it that way the euphoric feeling you get is strong and so hard to break. Please, please don't ever crush them and mix and inject. I'm begging you and I don't even know you, but I care for everyone on here. I was set to start my detox off of oxyIR last week, but couldn't do it due to family stressors going on at this time, so (I am 40 and working on my masters degree at university) I am back to the original plan of taking my reading week (week off from school) to do my detox. I got my MMAR (I'm from Canada) in the mail this week thanks be to God. My doctor told me she would rather me use medical marijuana than to use oxycodone so we have been waiting on my paperwork to come in from the government. I was approved and can legally have 1 ounce per month. She said it would also help me get off the oxycodoneIR. I have used Marijuana before and have NEVER experienced the hell of getting off of it like this horrible pills. She said it would aid me in the nausea, depression and pain as I come off these pills, and when I reach a tolerance like I have with the oxy's, I will just have to deal with the pain for a while, staying off the marijuana for a couple weeks to a month and then begin therapy again, which like I said before, I have quit using that many times cold turkey with no horrible side effects. Anyway, enough about me, please keep posting and if you need someone to talk to please don't hesitate to continue posting on this thread, I am subscribed to this thread so I will get any new post in my email.

Good luck, stay strong and God bless my friend.