Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
seekinganswrs

Thank you all so much. Last night at out Bible study, he shared with everyone what had happened. He has never done that. Only one other couple even knew he struggled in the area of addiction. He also contacted the town he will be at working for the next 5 days and spoke to an NA person about the meetings, and confirming which ones were happening, etc...I told him he has this week, but that (1) NA mtg is not acceptable to me, and he said he will show me with his actions. So, we will see. I didn't unpack his stuff and we did talk to the kids and let them know that we are dealing with "some issues" and we are going to try to work through them together, but we ultimately may have to separate for things to be better. I feel that way they are prepared if he does not follow through with what he says.

I expressed my concerns about him just "saying whatever" to not have to leave and he said he understood, but that he can't do this anymore and didn't realize how bad he was hurting me because the addiction has been #1. I want to be fair. I am almost done with my Co Dependent No More, and I am going to see if they have any meetings where I am. I hear there are meetings for that like AA and NA.

I am going to continue to work on me this week while he is out of town, and if he doesn't follow through with what he has told me then:

I will not tolerate living with someone who is actively lying to me and manipulating me. (whether he is using or not).