View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Well shawty, I'm 35... Two kids... And soon to be divorced. For me, im grateful to be getting out of this so young!! And with the help of al-anon and a counselor who specializes in addiction... I'm healing emotionally. One foot in front of the other... And its going better than I could have ever imagined! Keeping an open mind and heart has been a huge help.

When I feel hurt and sad, I have come to find that its because I'm grieving the loss of the dream... Not the reality of what was. I know who my AH is as a person. I know what he is and isn't capable of giving me, today... And based on those truths, I need to move on for me. I need to learn how to love myself, find the healing powers within me... And in time, if I'm meant to have a partner... When the time is right,it will happen!

I too am able to support myself and the kids financially... And that my friend is a true blessing. I feel fortunate to be able to check that off the to-do list... And know that it leaves me extra energy for the emotional recovery.

Getting a sponsor and working the steps ( in addition to the counselor) was like getting a steroid shot for my recovery healing. My sponsor is god sent. I take so much to her... The good, the bad, and the ugly... She doesn't have the answers but what she does give me is experience, strength, hope... And perspective!!!

As I heal, I'm falling in love with me... And realizing that any future partner is going to have to really earn time with me . I firmly believe (finally) that I'm worth it!!

Thanks for letting me share again
Shannon