View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Thanks all... can I ask one more question? Maybe not so much a question as a statement.

I really want to take the risk and go with job #2. It's the first job I've thought about having since I got married and left a job I loved (bc we moved) that I feel excited about.

But, I'm having a lot of guilt about the financial part. Do I really have a right to be so selfish? It MIGHT become a full time job, or it might not. And the things I can provide the girls with the stable-higher paying-I could stay there and have a job until I'm dead job are greater. Things like staying in our house, not having stress about paying bills etc...

So, with 2 young kids, bills, real life stuff, do I really have a right at this time to be following what I want? I feel like maybe I am supposed to sacrifice what I want to provide more stability for the girls.... and on the other hand, I wonder if maybe I'm supposed to take this job and trust my gut and my HP and all that...

I'm scared about the uncertainty and am not sure now is the best time to do the "what I want" option...

If it were you and the financial piece were a huge factor, would you take the gamble? (I still think I am going to... I just need perspective I guess about whether I am being unreasonably selfish?)