Old 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by oakwood View Post
You were the first one to respond to my introductory post in which I lamented that I didn't know why or how I had gotten to this point. It was a typical newby post, I suppose. Rather than being all sympathetic to me, you essentially said, "Don't worry about all that. What's your plan now?"
Some people may not like my style, but I am keenly aware of the propensity of addicted people to want to do anything to avoid actually quitting, including spending a lifetime analyzing their issues, so I usually get right to the point.

Well, geez, that kind of struck me like a ton of bricks. Seemed kind of tough. Then, when I read about RR (from your signature) I realized I had been wallowing for years in this continuous debate in my head and was always losing. Well, what do you know, I started saying maybe I do have the power.
AVRT does sting a little at first, but that is only because your Beast, which has been hiding in the dark for years, pretending to be you, knows perfectly well that you do have the power to kill it once it is exposed. IT is afraid of exposure, will instinctively recoil from anything that might shine a light on it, and will naturally try to get you to do the same.

I'll keep working at it. I like the whole concept so there's a good chance of success, I think.
There isn't a good chance of success, there is a perfect chance of success. Your Addictive Voice will demand proof that you'll never drink again to try and throw you off-balance, but if you set your confidence level arbitrarily at 100% and recognize all self-doubt about your own ability to abstain as the AV itself, you will do well.