Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
oakwood

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
The second part of the book is the bulk of the material on AVRT. Make sure you don't skip the ACTION exercises or question sections at the end of each chapter, or at least go back to them after you finish reading the book. Be sure to also read the sample AVRT session transcript in Part III under the heading "The Case of Richard" on pages 274-291. I also recommend that you commit to memory Figure 5 on Page 190 ("The Relapse Anxiety Grid"), or at least bookmark it. If the plus and minus signs in the grid don't make much sense to you, replace "+" with and "-" with and you should get the idea.
You were the first one to respond to my introductory post in which I lamented that I didn't know why or how I had gotten to this point. It was a typical newby post, I suppose. Rather than being all sympathetic to me, you essentially said, "Don't worry about all that. What's your plan now?"

Well, geez, that kind of struck me like a ton of bricks. Seemed kind of tough. Then, when I read about RR (from your signature) I realized I had been wallowing for years in this continuous debate in my head and was always losing. Well, what do you know, I started saying maybe I do
have the power.

I'll keep working at it. I like the whole concept so there's a good chance of success, I think.