Old 10-14-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
Your AV is just doing its job, which is to undermine your confidence, so don't argue. Stay in the first person pronoun, "I", and don't let the AV use it. You can talk about IT, but don't talk to it. If you feel like you are on autopilot, try the "vertigo" technique I described in my post earlier.

Next time your Beast acts up, try asking it to give you one good reason why you should drink, other than "to feel good," then ask it to wiggle your fingers. You'll see that it can't do anything, only you can.

If you really are afraid, though, consider getting rid of the supply until you get the hang of it. You don't need to prove anything, and you can do the shifting exercises using Youtube videos.

Close doesn't count, BTW.
Thanks. It's weird that it can up at a time when I really shouldn't have been bothered. I have gone through plenty of periods where I normally would have drank—and didn't, with the bare minimum of activity.

It's just knocked my confidence a bit. I made the mistake of talking to it, as you said. I won't fall for that again!