Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post
Boy, that AV is a sneaky *******, isn't it?
It is indeed, and I had a very distinct "Beast attack" yesterday. I am an unrepentant caffeine junkie, have been drinking coffee since I was 10 years old, and I drink entirely too many espressos. The problem is that after a while, the caffeine stops working, and I drink so much of it that it rips my stomach apart, and I have to start chasing the espressos with antacid tablets. At that point, I usually make a temporary Big Plan and "detox" from caffeine for about two weeks to drop my tolerance again.

Well, it is that time again, and yesterday I was driving to the vitamin shoppe to get some highly concentrated Vitamin C, which flushes the caffeine out faster and puts me into instant withdrawal. I usually take it right before going to sleep for a few days. Anyway, there is a liquor store right next to the vitamin shop, and I know just enough about the chemistry of alcohol metabolism to know which amino acids to take to counter the toxic effects.

Mr. Beast had been very quiet for a long time, but since I have previously used alcohol to both flush the caffeine out and to not feel the withdrawal, IT seized upon this golden opportunity. I heard the AV loud and clear: "well, you know you're going to feel like ****, right? why not get some of those nice anti-alcohol amino acids so you don't get a hangover, go to the liquor store, and drink your way through it all?"

I dismissed it, but that SOB came out full force, and I could almost feel myself being pulled toward the amino acids section, and imagining a few nice buzzed out evenings. In AVRT, this would be a "vertigo" moment, so I said to myself "that was vertigo," which snapped me out of it. Then I simply said "never," and Mr. Beast slinked away back to his cave.

It doesn't matter how long it has been since you've heard the Addictive Voice. What matters is that you remember your skill-set to torpedo that little ******* when IT comes out from its cave.