Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SoberRecovery xxzzfile. Good to have you here.

Originally Posted by Augie
I think that much of what I've embraced on behalf of recovery isn't specific to addiction at all. Stuff that's more generally applicable to approaching life differently and cultivating a new kind of relationship with myself, others, the world. It's occurred to me that, had a sobriety-guaranteeing-pill existed when I decided to clean up, I might've gotten clean, but I'd still have had major issues with depression, anxiety and a general sense of meaningless. I reckon, why sober up just to be miserable?
Oh yes , me too. My goal isn't just to free myself from active addiction, but to live a wholesome balanced life in general. Developing and practicing healthy life skills is just as rewarding as overcoming an addiction that would have continued to make my life miserable.

Originally Posted by April
So of course I drank anyway! And there was no effect. Apparently you were supposed to vomit profusely if you drank alcohol while taking it...silly medical people don't know that most of my drinking nights included vomiting profusely anyway!
Silly doctors for sure .