View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
boryad

Bree, dunno if this is good news or bad news, but your AH probably does not react like this just because he is an addict. I had been w/my H for 20 years and he is not an alcoholic, he is not a drug addict. However, he is a prime example of the kind of man you've posted about. I get phone calls at work about stuff I couldn't do a darn thing about until I got home. I got phone calls at work asking me to do stuff he very well could do for himself. I walked on eggshells for all those years until I decided I just wasn't going to do it any more. He woke up, too little too late though.

My guess is that you found SR because of AH. I'm not trying to burst any kind of bubble of your hopes and dreams that things change because of found sobriety. Behaviorial changes need to take place, whether or not the "angry" and "unreasonable" person is an A.

I found SR because of my A, not my H. However, all I've learned here not only about addictions, but MY co-dependency, has been a great source of education and strength.

BTW, Lorelei's post made me laugh too...don't forget to NOT feed the puppy when you get home!