View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lorelai

Think about this a minute Breec -

He calls you and tells you there's a hole in the yard and that you haven't taken the books back. He acts like it is your fault and that you've done something wrong. You get upset. Around and around and around we go.

Now, you know that it's not your fault - right? You didn't dig the hole in the yard - right? So why are you upset? Because he says it's your fault?

I think that, somewhere deep inside, you really think it's your fault. Otherwise, why would what he saying bother you?

I know this because I was the same way. Everything was my fault. If my daughter was in a bad mood, I had to fix it. It would drive me crazy if I couldn't get her in a happy mood. It was like I was responsible for making everyone's life perfect.

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, Breec. Once you understand that you have no control over the world and that things happen that don't have anything to do with you, what he saying to you won't bother you anymore. He's saying it because he knows your weakness. He knows that you'll latch onto responsbility for everything and that he can keep you sick that way. And as long as you stay sick, he has company.

The dog ate the cucumbers - Good, I won't have to feed it dinner.
There's a hole in the back yard - Good, I was planning to plant a shrub anyway.
The library books aren't taken back - Good, I can get out of the house tonight and take them back and stop by the park on the way back.

None of what he is saying had anything to do with you. None of it.
Hugs - L