Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lillamy

here's a suggestion - while the incident is still fresh in your mind - why not write down an actual account of everything that happened. Be truthful, don't embellish, but do go into detail, especially all the emotions that you felt, before, during and after.

Then, as the days goes by and he continues to call, make promises of changed behaviors, best of intentions, guarantees of sobriety, professions of undying love - maybe read your journal - remember all that you went thru -
Absolutely.
I had to relay my story, start to finish, first to my lawyer and then in court (to get a restraining order -- I recommend you do, too, if you haven't already). I asked for a transcript and every time I've thought about getting swayed to trusting the rants of an actively drinking A, all I've had to do is pick up the envelope. I haven't even read it. Just picking up the envelope is enough for it to all come flooding back.

You are a survivor, and a fighter, and I applaud you for getting out and taking care of yourself.

And seriously, again: Get a protective order and go no-contact. If you don't talk to him, he can't sweet-talk you with his BS.