Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
breakingglass

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
((breaking glass))

do you journal? if you do -

here's a suggestion - while the incident is still fresh in your mind - why not write down an actual account of everything that happened. Be truthful, don't embellish, but do go into detail, especially all the emotions that you felt, before, during and after.

Then, as the days goes by and he continues to call, make promises of changed behaviors, best of intentions, guarantees of sobriety, professions of undying love - maybe read your journal - remember all that you went thru -

Then remember that most of the time it is usual best to base our decisions based on someone's actions rather than their words, intentions or heartfelt promises. They may be very sincere but the disease doesn't always allow them to follow thru on these promises.

Just a suggestion from someone who has walked this path - took me a while to stand firm - but once I realized talk was just that talk - I am a much happier and safer person.

Pink Hugs,
Rita
thanks for the advise miss pink! i am gone from the house. a step i never thought i'd get to. but here i am! right now i just want to keep my distance from him. i have been firm with him on the phone and do not instigate any kind of argument over it.... i feel safe and i am happy. i know all the steam he has and will blow up my ass but i'm not about to fall for any of it. i'm stronger than i've ever given myself credit for. he is going to do what he deems necessary and i'm going to do what i think is necessary for ME..... i dont' like journals. they are constant reminders of sad unhappy days and right now i am trying to forget them, not remember them!! hope you understand that