View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
byrank

Exciting is of course subjective. And maybe we are not all on the same page of what exciting means. To excite means, according to Webster, to call to activity, to rouse to an emotional response, to arouse (as a strong emotional response) by appropriate stimuli. Energize. Increase the activity of. To raise to a higher level. Synonyms are provoke, interesting, provacative, sexy, stimulating, dramatic, gripping, thrilling, moving, sensational, rousing, exhilarating, electrifying, intoxicating, titillating, arousing, erotic, fervor, inflaming.

Can anyone say a roller coaster is less exciting than an average car ride? I would say that is ridiculous. Some may hate roller coasters. It is still "exciting." You may be sick of the type of excitement that addiction caused, but it was still there. And as a codependant, I over achieved. I took care of the kids, house, bills, laundry, cleaning, my brain was firing on all cylinders. I had not a second to spare or a stray thought. It gave life purpose and meaning. I was always on edge when we went out because of the inevitable embarassment and drama that I knew would ensue at any minute. Now she is in recovery and I am too, I do feel a void. Much like someone misses an abusive partner. Or a gambler misses the thrill of loss. If you dont get that, or cant at least see the argument, I believe you are missing something big