Old 10-05-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
I have a question: once someone has been practicing AVRT for some time do you sometimes forget that you use it? Right now, for me, I think about it a lot as it's a relatively new thing and I'm still honing it. While it is very simple I wouldn't yet describe it as effortless as I have to keep screening my thoughts for Beast activity.
As Lenina pointed out, yes, AVRT does become automatic the more you use it. It is also the case that the more you abstain, the weaker the Beast becomes, so that it will pop up less and less frequently. In other words, you won't have to use AVRT as often. As long as you never feed the Beast again, the game is rigged in your favor.

I actually have to think about this a little when responding to posts here, because while I remember there being about four-five months of insane, daily Beast activity when I quit, the actual subjective experience is not quite as fresh in my mind. I did get lots of practice during that time, though.