Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
also, just love that baby ok? get back to her level...get in jammies, have waffles for dinner, watch whatever it is kids are into these days...maybe everybody sleeps together in the big bed tonite, slumber party!
We've been doing this a lot lately but it's a good reminder, thanks.

She wasn't saying she was upset she's SIX for pete's sake, she doesn't have the years or experience or language to TELL you what is going on. YOU have to assess and be her voice. i'm sorry, i don't mean this harshly....just stridently.
[/QUOTE]

THIS is precisely why I stayed for so freaking long. I won't be with her every second and the reality is that AH will have unsupervised visitation (unless he does something drastic) and there's no way for me to protect the girls when I am not around. I guess I am thinking too far ahead. For now I'll plan that I'll stick around when he visits with them (I have no court order saying he can't and remember, I tried to get a RO and it was denied). A lot of the advice here has been to NOT stick around when he comes to see them and tonight was the first time in a long time that I have left and been completely gone. It was good for me during the time I was away, but upon returning it was clear that being away wasn't smart. My poor kids suffer either way. If I'm here there's tension and anxiety for us all bc he's itching for a fight and if I'm gone, the girls are apparently anxious and wound up...

He's not here now and won't be seeing them again until Fri so I have several days to think this through and let the girls enjoy the peace...