Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
if ANY OTHER situation caused her to be so upset, wouldn't you prevent that situation from occurring again?? whatever she is going thru, the AH instigates the reaction. she has no skills in dealing with this, or processing it, so the ONLY option i can think of, as a mom, would be to not allow her ANY alone time with him again....like for a long time. FOR HER BENEFIT. screw him. she needs sanctuary. i speak from my mom voice here.......she HAS to take precedence over EVERYTHING.
She does take precedence. That's why, despite the fact that she was laughing and for all outward appearances, having fun, I feel concerned.

I'm not sure if maybe I'm looking too hard for a concern where there isn't one or whether this behavior is something others have seen.

She wasn't saying she was upset, and her behavior at bed time may have been as much about feeling bad for nearly hurting her sister as anything about her dad.

I'm not naive about what AH but I am trying to be cautious (an al anon lesson actually that I was recently reminded of) to not pin every reaction of mine or the girls on AH.

Maybe I didn't present this clearly enough. I was the one upset seeing her so wound up. But it wasn't wound up upset. It was laughing and being waaaaaaaaaay hyper. I didn't want to jump to panic conclusion without running it by other minds...

My instincts tell me what you all are saying but I guess I wanted to check my perceptions...