Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
Well, I came here thinking I might quit drinking for a time.

I found AVRT and left with that, and more.

Thanks again everyone, especially TU.
Thanks, kanamit. I don't have personal experience applying AVRT in the way that you are doing, so you may be able to help others with this.

To those of you who have not yet read the book, this can't be spoon-fed to you. You're not going to find many people able to teach AVRT, much less willing to do so. Most people who learn AVRT just forget all about "recovery" and get on with their lives, so it would be wise to view this thread as a free bonus, and not as a pre-requisite.

If you haven't read the book recently, do so, since you need a common frame of reference to be able to discuss it. It will cost you less than a six-pack of beer. This is no different from any other approach in that respect. SMART has its literature that you need to read, and so do the 12-Step groups. This is only logical.

You could certainly pay Jack Trimpey $1,000 for the in-person AVRT course if you really wanted to not read the book, and I'm certain that he is very good at teaching it, but come on, now.