Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AprilMay1895

Charon, Actually a couple years before I even met those two therapists that had mentioned the notion, I was told that if I were to keep drinking, it would become a problem in the future. I was in the hospital and they gave me some sort of drinking evaluation because I was in college at the time and they typically think a drinking problem is related to severe depression. The test came back that I was "alcohol abusive" but not "alcohol dependent". At which point, everyone (even the dean of students oddly enough), told me that I needed to stop or severely control my drinking or there was a great chance I'd develop a serious drinking problem. I straight-up ignored them because to me, I thought I was just drinking like a normal college kid, just like my friends were, and of course any "adult" would tell me to stop having so much fun. lol

So I guess that's part of why I have this curiosity. Maybe if I'd listened to them, it wouldn't be an issue today. No way in hell, I would've listened to them though, drinking was far too fun.