Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AprilMay1895

Stress Coping Skills? Where did I put them?

So all you sober masters out there...once you've gotten rid of the substance of your addiction, how do you manage stress? lol

I've knocked down day 3 of sobriety, still baffled by this, but it so happens to be an incredibly super crazy week for me this week including my very first ever solo business trip tomorrow in which I will have to defend my department against our French-Canadian corporate purchaser, marketing team and quality manager while we visit our supplier. I am a reserved introvert...whoever decided to push me into this trip was NUTS! I went to school for a job that makes you sit behind a desk and create pretty things, not for one that makes you do dog and pony shows for the higher ups. Anyway, while I'm away from home, there will be contractors putting in a patio door and deck in my house and no one will be there to supervise. And I also have the drama of "Oh dear Lordy I need to lose this nasty beer gut and get back into Weight Watchers at once!"

I don't know, I'm rambling, I can't sleep, I'm exhausted and I wonder how a sober person goes about dealing with such chaos all at once. Because if I were still a drinker, boy would this week would be nothing more than a trade off of drunk and hung over. lol