View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sigma
Living Sober

Your story sounds a lot like mine DarkDays. I also have a wife that can go without a drink forever. The only time she has is when everyone else has at a gathering or something. She has carted me around to buy more beer, put up with a lot. I have a son that’s older and he has started the drinking at an early age. He has had a couple scrapes with it, but nothing major.

I am wrapping up day 3 here, and this was an unbalanced day. I felt good until the last part of the work day. I had a tiff with a co-worker last week, and today all seemed forgotten (for the most part). I decided on the way home to grab a few beers to say thanks that all was well. I got 2 blocks from the store and veered away, backtracking to get home.

Now the crazy thing is, I am not usually a Monday drinker, so this still has me upset I came soo close. Another thing I am noticing is that since I have been really trying hard to quit, I am having more depression after a slip. The funny thing I have noticed is that when I have had say a 3 day binge, after I feel so physically off, that I don't notice how bad mentally I am. But if I have just a 1 day slip, I don't feel so bad physically, but mentally I am off circuit for a few days. This includes depression, worry, obsessive thoughts, etc. This clears up after about 5 days. I don't know if on the long binges I have produced more endorphins or something? But the one day slip is really bad heady wise.

Well, anywhoo, I did make it and I look forward to getting through day 4 (tomorrow), day 5 is where things usually pick up for me.

Thanks for listening.