View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
byrank

Really, I did not even think the kids were in danger until a reply to another post...It just seems surreal that the woman I thought I knew for 22 years put me in a situation to even ask the question. She was always the responsible one...I was the F-up. Or so the story went...Really, this is the first time she has said she will stay sober for good. She would hide behind the "one day at a time" slogan before. It has been 20+ days since any use. I am confident saying that. Always before I would be checking eyes, breath, speach patterns, sleep patterns, and I could tell. Even if I was in denial, I could tell.

In a lot of the more judgemental posts, I feel a lot of hurt. I am sorry whatever happened. But I really believe if you expect the best from people, you will get the best. I have been burned before, so thanks for the input. Maybe I will ask her to start taking random drug/alcohol tests if she is driving the kids.

And no problem with police. No way to tell she was on pills at the time. It wasnt her drug of choice. She is an alcoholic. How long the pills went on...She went to the hospital 5 days later. And not to minimize the accident, but they were stopped at a red light. Light turned green, she started going, car in front did not. SUV in front barely had its bumper damaged. I picked kids up from the scene and saw both cars, drivers, police, and damage.

I think I like the drug test...Seems reasonable?