View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blackstrat6
Striving to be a better Man!

Exclamation This could be any of us..

I would like to put this down for the newcomers out there.
I was in my house and heard what I thought was fighting in the neighborhood. I know all of my neighbors so i decided to walk out and listen. I looked over and saw flames and I knew what was on fire even though it was not clearly visible. I threw my shoes on and took off at a sprint and sure enough it was a very close friend of mines house fully engulfed in flames! I was freaking out because I knew the odds of him getting out were slim. (mobile home). I asked one of the firefighters where my friend was and he said he didn't know! So i asked the nearest ambulance and he also said he didn't know. So I went to the next ambulance and found my friend being treated for some pretty bad burns...

He started a fire in his woodstove and then proceeded to pass out, he woke up on fire! I would say he probably had maybe 15% chance of making it out of there alive! He is very fortunate but he will be scarred for life, will have insane medical bills and does not have a home now, all from drinking. Lost it all that fast! Another thing is that it is deer hunting season here and there was lots of ammunition going off that could have easily killed the rescue personnel or any one within a mile or more! I could hear it going off while I was over there desperately trying to find him! These are the things we don't think about when we drink. The innocents we can harm or kill!

The reason I want the newcomers to read this is because This guy has a serious alcohol problem no different than mine and a lot of us here. He has come over and cried on me several times because he can't quit drinking. I have been bugging him every other day or so for weeks to go to a meeting with me, I offered to give him a ride and everything.

Please learn something from this and be grateful this hasn't happened to you!! This (probably) would not have happened if he would have been sober!!