View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sooners
Oxy Fighter

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Spica and failedtaper!

I'm happy to hear your 22 days off the oxy and feeling better everyday Spica, that gives me hope. I am going to call and get an appointment to see my doctor on monday and discuss her thoughts on getting off the oxy. I have reading week coming up in two more weeks. We get a whole week off from university and that will be my best window to take the time it will require to go through the rough spot.

I talked to my wife a couple of days ago and I was telling her what Failedtaper and some friends were saying about how I will need to just pretend it is the worst flu I've ever had, stock up on movies, books, things to keep my mind busy, stock up on vitamins, bathroom medicine, nausea etc. and ask my loved ones to give me a week to get this stuff out of my system. She didn't realize what was going on because I don't like to scare her, but I will need her help and understanding. I told her more than likely I will be pretty sick for a week, but to not worry about it, I'm not going to die from it, it's just something I am going to have to go through and I will need her to be a single parent for a week. I don't really want my son to see me at my worst. I told her I would buy her dinner and a night out and also owe her some free time of her own, when I get better my boy and I can have a boys week and she can take some time for herself.

I can't thank you guys enough for posting on here and when reading week comes I will be posting my progress and looking for support and friendship. I also hope to be of help to others in the future, as you guys have been to me. Just to have people take the time to talk to you and share your experiences really makes a difference to someone that doesn't know and is going through this for the first time, I just wanted you to know that and that the time you take to post isn't waisted and helping others shows the great character you guys have.

Blessings,