Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
AprilMay1895

No kids, no roommates, no cat, no dog, no friends, no significant other...ahhhh what a lovely life I built for myself. lol I do have one fish though. I contemplated putting him on my list of harms done to others in AA, but then thought if he was mad he would've just died by now. lol

I do however have the most concerned parents known to man. So much so that they purchased a house I could rent from them so I didn't have to keep living it ****** apartments...I pay my own rent, but the booze took a good $300 a month away that I could've used on nicer places. Although my parents don't know of my addiction to drinking, they have indirectly been affected. I know there's no factual evidence to support this, but I'm pretty sure I would've done better in college, graduated college sooner, be married, possibly have kids and just not be as much of a worry and responsibility to them. My "life progression" since college has slowed to a halt. My parents, though I'm not sure they know why, have probably noticed this halt.

Then my sibling, an older brother, probably not affected. We never really talk to each other because we're both introverts. lol

So yes, morally it's not fair to my parents because they're doing and have done everything they can to help me make it in life and I've been doing nothing to help me make it in life...I've been working against their efforts really. They're willing to pay for my college, help me live in a nice home, give me emotional support, help me when I need it financially and I wasn't even willing to give up the one thing that would lessen my need for all of that help in the first place. Yikes, I do qualify as a drunk ******* after all.