Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
AprilMay1895

Well...I just read this part in the crash course but I'll answer it as if I didn't...

1.) How wrong is it for me to drink? Kinda wrong, it's not healthy, it makes me disconnect from people and live in misery, makes me a conflicted person living in turmoil.

2.) 1-10 I'd honestly say an 8.

3.) Any act more morally wrong than drinking? Yes, murder, rape, theft, adultery, and on and on.

However, knowing that alcohol deletes your morals, as long as I'm drinking all of the above are possible. it's hard for me to see this because I've kept my drinking self-contained in a manner that makes me believe I am no threat to others, just myself. BUT when I look at my full drinking career, I am lucky I did not manage all of the above. Could I murder someone while drunk? Drunk driving, yes. Also, I did a large amount of property damage to an ex's vehicle once, this was not something I'd ever consider in the slightest when sober and I could've ended up in jail. Still I think about my latest drinking phase of sitting on my couch in front of my tv and ask myself if I'm hurting anyone else and I'm not. Doesn't mean I want to drink again, it's just hard for me to catch the moral angle as concerned to other people. It's morally wrong to do to myself, I guess I don't see myself as a moral threat to others though...although I was a super pissed off texter. lol

I'm not trying to fight the idea either. If someone can point out to me how it would be morally wrong for me to drink for how it effects other people, I'd certainly be open to a stronger defense against the beast.