View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Notsosmart - LMAO! Tons is the right word - lucky for me it is a small section of yard, so I would imagine just about a ton of river rock. I bet 15 years ago it looked nice. Now Mother Nature is taking over and it just looks like crap. I, too, put an ad on Craigslist and got no responses. Why wants to come haul tons of river rock? Apparently landscaping folks do because I see it used elsewhere. I basically split the yard in half, fenced in the back half, and moved the rock from the front half to the back. Now there is too much in the back, so I plan to stealthily move it into the greenbelt section right behind my house...a little at a time...!

Impatience was at the top of my "character defects" list. Like you, I get really impatient (ie irritated and annoyed) with people who don't take personal responsibility and own and fix their own sh!t and figure things out like I do. As a long time single Mom, I am rarely needy, and with Google I can take care of pretty much anything that pops up in a given day! But that doesn't mean everyone is just like me. As a matter of fact, the more I look around, the more I realize my almost extreme independence can be detrimental and negative at times. I am working on it, and it is one day at a time on that!

I read a great book a while back, "From Anger to Forgiveness" by Earnie Larsen. I highly recommend it...helped a lot. I actually pulled it out just last night to read again today.