View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NotSoSmart

My fuse used to be this short when I was dealing with my actively using AGF. My mother's antics didn't phase me as much b/c I honestly wasn't that focused on her; I had my hands full. Now that my A is in rehab/recovery and i'm in my program, I notice more and have less tolerance for her BS behavior. I am a person who has always had to get things done; my ex left when my boy was barely 3 and I've had to figure it out on my own. However, I have little tolerance for people that come apart at the seams over what I consider small stuff (who can't find their way down the street... really). I've never had anyone backing me up or taking my slack, so I lose patience with my mom who is a very dependent and needy person who likes others to figure things out for her. We've had a longstanding conflictual relationship that really only goes well if I don't confront her on anything, set any personal boundaries or hold her accountable. Pre-Alanon that was me to a T... now not so much.

I'm trying to get my irritability in check and its gotten a little easier today b/c I'm through most of the "to do" list that has been overwhelming me lately. I had time to sit and veg and watch a movie.

TuffGirl that is so funny about your rocks... I DO live in Phoenix, and bought a home with someone I thought must've been a rock hoarder. We don't need it here either! There has to be at least 4 tons of river rock in my yard and even if I could move it, I have no idea where to send it. No one needs that much rock. I've tried giving it away on the internet but that hasn't made a dent. I'm comforted for some reason that someone else also has an abundance of rock.