Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
FT

Hi AprilMay1895,

While not truly imagery, I like Eckhart Tolle's description of "the pain body", that dark part of all of us that seems to function kind of like our own personal black hole. Evidently, everyone has a pain body, which is larger and denser, or smaller and lighter, depending on the person and on the circumstances. Another poster gave a description somewhere on here, but my resource is Tolle's book, A New Earth.

Other than that, my imagery involves the little guy in charge of the cockpit in my head, and I'm going to be in charge of who takes the wheel.

I hope your drinking plan from your other post has finished playing itself out. I hope you realize that was your Addictive Voice speaking in that post. At least I think so:

My plan is to drink the last of my beer I have left in my fridge tonight as my farewell to booze, then read the book tomorrow and make my commitment to no longer drinking. I know this sounds incredibly shady because it starts with "my plan is to drink the last of my beer". lol But this has been my plan for the last couple days, after I get a day to study the method, then I have to start applying it. Maybe it still sounds shady. Oh gosh, well I'm letting the beast live for one more night is what I'm saying it and then breaking up with it tomorrow. Now it sounds like I'm a guy breaking up with a bad girlfriend but sleeping with her one more time the night before. Ok, I better stop typing(and no, I haven't started drinking the beer yet).
FT