View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lotus2009

Searchbug.... thank you for your insight on this. I feel the same way about a lot of what you said. And I believe if RAH would drink NA beer on a regular basis I would probably not be on board with that and look at what my options were.
His friends and work buddies all know that he's an alcoholic and is no longer drinking. However, I also do believe that he's lonely and insecure in a lot of ways. I think RAH hasn't yet figured out that there are a lot of people that socialize and do things without drinking. And yes, I'm hoping that he'll realize this in time and will seek out people who aren't still in the young and party mode that his current work buddies are in... but that is an issue HE will need to work on.

I don't know if I'm necessarily walking on eggshells, as I do tend to let him know exactly how I feel. BUT I've been trying to work on myself these past few months - my control issues and my communication patterns. Thus, my rather insecure question of whether not having NA beer in the house would be controlling or a boundary.