View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
byrank

Are the kids safe?

My AH wife just got out of 11 days of in patient treatment. She was driving in the car with our 2 youngest and was in a minor accident. I find out she was not drinking, but taking benzos. This led to a hospital stay where she was tested for everything from MS to brain problems. After cat scans, mri's, the tox report came back and she almost admitted it...

Anyway, she's out, and clean, she says. Forever clean, only time will tell. I have my doubts. My question is, are my kids safe? Should I let her drive the kids? Should I leave the younger kids home alone with her when the older ones have events? If not now, how long do you wait before you allow her to have that kind of responsibility? How do you say even though you are clean now and trying to stay that way, maybe, you are unfit?

Who watches the kids when I go to a meeting? She does now. We cant afford much more child care, thats already $1300/mo. Her parents are as bad or worse. My dad is not local. My mom works, has a mom in nursing home. She does a lot, but is only 1 woman.

Any input welcome.

Thanks,