Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
ElvisInASkirt

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
I'll share something my own AV has thrown at me so that others don't fall into it. I wrote in the post above about "false starts" with regard to the Big Plan, which many people's Beasts will instantly seize upon when they read it. My own AV has previously told me "Well, you seem to have the hang of this AVRT stuff, you can quit any time you want now. Why not drink all you want during vacation? When your vacation is over, you can just make a new Big Plan."

Sneaky, and pure AV, so watch out for that. :-)
I've had this too.

The good thing about Allen Carr's book is that stripped a lot of the Desire away from drinking but there's still remnants where it will push the drunken afterglow into my consciousness and thoughts of whiskey and oblivion.

I'm still reading Rational Recovery when I can. My attention span is shot to **** and I'm still just opening it and reading it as if it were a book of Parables.

I like the approach of annoying Frank. It's fantastic. I'll never drink again but Frank wants to continue on forever basking in oblivion.

As for AVRT and the like, I just see it as the process of jumping off a bus that has a timebomb on it and NOT getting back on the bus no matter how much the driver says it'll be a cool and relaxing ride.

BEAST : Yeah the bus has a bomb on it, but you're gonna die anyway.
ME : Why would I want to die in such a ******** way? Besides you're drunk and behind the wheel.
BEAST : So? I'm a maverick. A wildcard. I do things differently. Unlike everyone else out there. They are all sheep. They do the same thing everyday.
ME : And you just want to drink. And drink. And drink. You're even worse!
BEAST : GET OFF DA BUS.

**** the ride.

I take great inspiration from the late Bill Hicks who was also a teetotaler. I'm in good company.