Old 09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Stayinfree

This thread and the responses, have changed my life and I just wanted to come out from my isolation to thank you all.

TU.......I want to publicly thank you for bringing AVRT here to SR and for your response to me in one of the earlier threads, that and reading all your posts have made a huge difference and I am now happy to never drink again!

I was a daily wine drinker and a chronic relapser, whenever I made a decision to quit I always failed. My life was unbearable under the surface and I was fast reaching the point where I didn't want to continue to live with the struggle anymore.

I did the crash course a couple of years ago, and just like when I read Allen Carr, I stopped for a short while, but started back up again quite soon. I have attended AA in the past and most of my thinking was centered around 'I will never be able to do this without help', but I didn't want any help, so therefore, I will be doomed to fail no matter what I try.

When you started up this thread, I bought the book and stopped again, only to start again.........but you responded to me, I listened and took your advice, reread the parts I hadn't quite got first time around, and that time it did sink in.........I made my big plan, really commited to it this time, and it really does feel effortless.

That's not to say I haven't had any beast activity, because I have, but just reaffirming my big plan has really worked for me. My beast wants to say 'so far', but I am saying 'I will never drink again and I will never change my mind'

So keep on doing what you are doing, even the worst of us can 'get' it eventually.