View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chronsweet

I can SOOOO feel you on the financial front. My abf obtained a job after 3.5 years of me supporting him. Who got him the job? I did and I regret every minute of it. He has made my job life a living hell, the job I used to love to come to to get away from him. I just couldn't support his drinking habit anymore or him mooching off me. Instead of being a strong person, I acted in an extremely codependent way and got him a job. Sigh. The lessons we learn are sometimes so hard.

Now that the A has a job, he pays literally half the rent, food, utilities, but doesn't try to give 'a little more' since I supported him for 3.5 years. No, now he feels entitled to bully me around about having clean clothes to wear to work, cooking and cleaning, and taking care of the kid more and more, because 'he works hard all day' while 'i just sit in an office'. He doesn't buy the kiddo shoes, clothes, toys or anything extra to make up for not doing it previously. Mostly he is concerned with keeping enough money in his account to drink every day and buy his cigarettes. Forget saving for a house or doing anything constructive with his money like fixing his car that runs like crap and can't pass smog. I have stopped worrying about what he does with his money financially and am just working on an escape route, fast.