View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Alone22)))))

What I am really concerned with is him not being honest with himself which seems like a slippery slope into a relapse.
Yep it is there. I could not even begin a thorough and honest 4th step until I was almost 9 months sober. Up to then, there were GAPS in my honesty, and I cannot honestly say whether it was from the mush in my head or I was just not yet able to look at me that deeply. I do believe it was a bit of both.

Having been on both sides of this street called alcoholism and addiction I do understand both sides. I have found myself with loved ones in early recovery getting impatient and wondering why they cannot just spit it out, after all the are 'sober and/or clean', and then the 'light bulb' once again goes off, lol and I realize and remember how hard it was for me and what a mess I was in those months, even though I was holding down an pretty darn good job.

I am NOT asking or saying, to 'give him the benefit of the doubt' oh no, just asking that you understand that as hurt as you are by his lies, deceit, hurtful words in the past, there is a part of him that is just a hurt by what he did to himself and to his loved ones.

Only he has control over if he relapses or not. Either he keeps moving forward through the confusion, pain, self doubts, or .................. he doesn't.

J M H O

Love and hugs,