Thread: Comparison
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

D3 impressed me today... we went to the grocery store and were waiting in line and this nice older man who's a pseudo bagger but mostly just hangs out and talks to people and is very nice, came up to D3 and apparently asked if she'd like some stickers (the paid stickers they put on large objects-- the girls always get them when we go there). Next thing I know (I didn't realize he was talking to her or offering stickers) D3 SCREAMS (she's my little pitbull) "no, no strangers, no!!!". Everyone turns to look and I had to pause a second to realize that she was putting the don't take things from strangers lesson really seriously. I told her since I was there with her it was okay but told her she did a super job of remembering what D6 had brought up and what we'd been talking about re: not taking things from strangers.

Not sure if this is coming across as cute as it actually was, but I just wanted to share- It's really quite off topic but oh well!

I am fairly sure that no stranger would ever try to snatch my D3 bc she'd fight them tooth and nail and probably win. I don't know where her feisty spirit comes from (maybe from me, deep down buried that I am slowly finding again) but I feel pretty confident that even at age 3 she's pretty well equipped to tell someone to buzz off. D6 on the other hand trusts everyone and is all too willing to believe everyone is good and wonderful... Unfortunately that's much more like me and I certainly hope she continues to be optimistic but does a better job of taking care of herself than her mother has.